What to Bring
To your Wilderness Experience on Beautiful Lake of the Woods - Canada
- Fishing and/or hunting gear.
- Good raingear.
- Personal care items.
- Outdoor gear/clothing.
- In summer you will need a bathing suit
- A few warmer clothes for evenings or chilly days.
- In fall you will need some light clothing as well as your insulated wear.
- We suggest you bring a thermos, flashlight and clock.
- Bait, tackle, and small necessities are available at our camp store.
- Important Note: The border has become increasingly vigilant for visitors with prior convictions for DUI/DWI infraction along with other minor charges on individual's records. When the Fort Frances/Rainy River Border Office was connected online giving them access the drivers license information on visitors, (because of the gun registration issue) they increased their surveillance on fisherman.
If you have a prior conviction please call us for more information, we're here to help.
If you do not want to keep all of your fish, handle them with care, use barbless hooks, and be careful with landing nets. We have cradles that you are welcome to use, they will greatly increase the chances the fish will be returned to the water uninjured.